Saturday, August 28, 2010

We are now Minnesotans....

yes, we are here, got here Monday, and we are loving this place! Everytime we told people we were moving to Minnesota, they would usually respond with one of two things; one, the people are so nice, and two, isn't that colder than Rexburg...

all I can say is yes, the people are so nice, everywhere... seriously... everywhere.

and as for the cold, having come in January for Cory's interview, yes, it was colder than Rexburg, but when we were moving in, it was a hundred and hades degrees with a hundred million percent humidity! NO KIDDING!!!! and the entire city is out of air-conditioning units. Again, not kidding....

But we are pretty well settled and when I get around to it, I will post pictures, maybe tomorrow... that is a good Sabbath day activity! Until then... peace out!!!

11 comments:

Jeff and Aubry said...

Ah, we have friends in Minnesota now! Can't wait to see pictures!

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

Glad the move went well, good luck adjusting to the weather:) And I am glad everyone is so nice, that probably makes the adjustment a little easier. Hope you post pictures soon!

Joanna Barrett said...

Best of luck to you, Kinley and Cory,in your new adventure!!

Chelsea said...

Hey! We live in Golden Valley, just west of downtown! Weve been here for a couple months now and are loving it. Let us know if you want to hang out sometime.

Gina said...

Glad you made it! Miss you guys already. I love that your description of the heat included the word 'hades.' Hope you can find a swimming pool soon! Good luck getting settled.

Tim, Jennie, Paisley, Claire and Moose said...

I am so glad to hear you made it safe and that you are happy to be there
Miss you already
Love you

Dalling Family said...

Glad you made it there safely! Marc's bro served there...he loved it! Hope settling in goes well for you guys!
PS - Your kids are so cute!

Jeff and Aubry said...

Cory, I haven't seen you forever, and this made me miss you again you filthy animal! By the way this is Jeff....Aubry may feel the same way....I just haven't asked her. You guys are awesome and can't wait to hear what's going on. Don't forget to cheer for BYU this year

crystal carlson said...

Congrats! I'm excited to see pictures of your new place--I hope you guys continue to enjoy it there!

Elyssa said...

I'm so glad they didn't forget you were coming! I'm sorry it's so hot! Take comfort that we are getting close to fall! I hope Tanner and Kate are getting used to a new place! Can't wait to see pics!

Unknown said...

yay! you made it! I hope you're getting all settled in. We sure miss you here; matthew asks for tanner all the time!!